Uniting Eco Group
The Uniting Eco Group (UEG) is a sub-group of Uniting Earthweb members. The UEG promotes ecological reflection and action within and through various initiatives in and of the church, as central to Christian faith and practice.
The UEG is established to facilitate the strengthening and development of ecological initiatives in the Uniting Church through:
- fostering and sharing theological reflection on God’s creation and the role of the church in participating in its healing and renewal
the cross-fertilisation of ideas and sharing of information and expertise
- the development of new skills and methodology in environmental sustainability in and through the church within and across the church’s worship witness and service
- contributing to the formulation of Synod public policy on environment/ecology
- supporting efforts that seek to reach and/or collaborate with non-church organisations and activities
- fostering liaison between the congregational-based initiatives, presbyteries and official Synod structures
The UEG’s purpose is to foster collaboration. It is not a decision-making body of the church, i.e. it does not speak on behalf of the church and/or authorise church policy. The group relates to the formal structures of the Uniting Church in NSW.ACT through ad hoc arrangements
The UEG’s remit is matters concerning ecological integrity, which includes but is not limited to: degradation and depletion of water, land, air and other material resources; climate change and its social justice implications; sustainable farming and food production; and biodiversity conservation.
You can join our closed facebook group here